Buy Desktop Hobby Laser Cutting Machines In South Africa
Introducing the Flux Beamo, Beambox, and Beambox Pro – unleash your creativity and watch your vision come to life with our fantastic hobby laser cutting machines!
The days of laser cutting and engraving machines only being available for commercial purposes are gone, thanks to these portable laser engravers that bring the magic of professional laser cutting right into your home.
Ideal for one-of-a-kind craft projects, making gifts, mementos or toys (or even as a side hustle) our range of hobby laser engravers work on an impressive range of materials, including wood, leather, acrylic, fabric, cardboard, glass, rubber, paper and even tile.
Choose between our fantastic hobby laser cutters available in South Africa…
The Beamo laser cutter is the smallest, lightest, and most affordable CO2 laser cutter and engraving machine on the market today. Powered by a 30-watt CO2 laser, it can cut straight through 3mm MDF, cardboard, leather and acrylic, and can engrave and etch onto glass and most hard surfaces. It features an advanced yet intuitive user interface, and breathes new life into the world of laser cutting!
Want a little extra muscle? The BeamBox is one of the most powerful desktop hobby laser cutter and engraving machines on the market today. It features a working area of 400 x 370mm and a 40 watt laser, allowing you to cut materials of up to 5mm thick. The fully integrated software is easy to set up, which means your imagination is your only limit!
The BeamBox Pro
Ready to take on more ambitious projects or transform your hobby into a side business? Then the BeamBox Pro, with its 600 x 370mm work table and 50 watt laser, is right there with you! One of our most popular and best-selling options, it’s powerful yet simple to set up and operate. The Flux BeamBox Pro works with the IOS and Android operated BeamCam, and is also a great option for schools, private arts and crafts teachers, or simply taking your hobby to the next level.
Benefits & Features Of Our Flux Desktop Laser Cutting & Engraving Machines
All MaxLaser’s hobby laser cutters are designed to be simple and intuitive to use. Some of their many awesome features include:
- An onboard camera lets you position and align materials perfectly with your text, photo or design
- Seen, drawn or doodled a design you like? Simply snap a picture with your phone, upload, and convert it into a cut-out, stamp, engraving or memento!
- The optional rotary add-on means you can even engrave cylindrical objects like cups, mugs and drinking glasses to create truly unique items and gifts
Best of all, there’s no steep learning curve or tricky adjustment process – so you’ll be creating amazing projects straight away.
Unlimited creativity with the FLUX Beamo
What you can make with our home laser cutters:
If you can picture it, chances are our hobby laser cutters and engravers can help you make it a reality! From spectacular works of art, storage boxes and jewelry made from wooden cutouts, to incredible etchings, photographs and designs on glass and metallic surfaces, the possibilities are infinite!
You can create ornate masks and costumes out of fabric, make incredible 3D popout cards from paper and cardboard, engrave dog tags, jewelry and phone cases, cut jigsaw puzzles and toys, create stunning signage, trophies and mementos on clear acrylic, and join a global community of home laser cutting enthusiasts to share ideas and accomplishments.
Materials you can use with our desktop engravers and cutters in South Africa:
- Anodised Aluminium
- Metal (this will requires a Cermark spray which we also provide)
How our intuitive hobby laser cutters & engravers work
Draw your image
Take a snapshot & upload
Tap & drag image
Print & let the fun begin
All laser cutters, desktop or professional, work similarly. A laser beam (basically a concentrated and highly directional beam of light) manually focused on the area which needs to be cut or engraved.
The heat of the laser beam burns, melts or vaporises the surface, depending on the material you’re working on. It might sound a little scary, but bear in mind this is all in a very controlled environment and manner!
Some of the laser machines typical uses include branding, marking or deliberately discolouring the surface of an object like leather or wood, cutting right through paper, fabric or cardboard to make a highly precise design, or etching into acrylic or glass – such as an engraved photo or customised design.
You’ve probably heard the expression ‘laser precision’ – which is exactly what makes these cutters and engravers so good at creating very intricate, highly detailed patterns and designs.
What’s extra special about our hobby laser engravers and cutters is how well they integrate with smartphones and the software the average person is already familiar with. Getting started is as simple as snapping a photo of a design which tickles your fancy, uploading it to the Flux software, and firing up your Beamo, BeamBox, or BeamBox Pro!
Care tips for your hobby laser cutter
Like any machine, the better you take care of and maintain your desktop laser cutter, the better it will perform! Here are some tips on making sure you get the most from your new hobby engraver:
- Keep It Clean
- The most important part of maintaining your laser cutter’s performance is keeping the lens and mirrors clean. The bearings and railings must also be free from dust and debris, especially if you are working with wood or leather.
- Visual Inspection
- A visual inspection could reveal all of the small scratches and damages that you might come across. It is essential to inspect the machine often, to make sure that every component is in optimal working condition. One of the main things to look out for is making sure the laser path is always aligned. The quicker you get comfortable with aligning the laser path, the fewer headaches you will have in future.
- Use The Right Materials
- Stick with our indicated list of materials to keep you and your desktop laser engraver safe. It is much easier to work with the right materials to ensure that you don’t put additional strain on the unit and keep it functioning beautifully.
Choose Max Laser for the best hobby desktop laser cutters
At MaxLaser, we pride ourselves on giving you the best possible service, and always strive for perfection! While you might find the same product at our competitors, there are a few things that we aim to offer our clients they probably won’t:
- Price: We try to cut out the middleman as much as possible to ensure you get the best possible prices.
- Services: We offer full support for any product purchased, including the addition of a 6-months limited warranty that will give you peace of mind with each purchase. Lifetime after sale’s support are available.
- Free Demos: We offer live demo videos that will help you understand how the products work and what you need to ensure they are performing at optimal levels. Our installation videos can also give you great insight on how to use and install all our home laser engraving and cutting products.
Consider some of our other products
To make getting your first project underway even easier, we’ve got some nifty ready-to-engrave wooden gifts, as well as stamp making kits and plaques and awards available to get you started. We can also assist with replacement CO2 laser tubes and other consumables as you need them.
Fallen in love with your Beamo or BeamBox and ready to try something even more exciting? We offer some awesome second hand professional laser cutters and engravers which are the perfect stepping stone between a hobby or side hustle, and a real small business venture!
Purchase your FLUX hobby laser cutter and engraver today!
If you want to start your own laser cutting hobby, there’s no need to wait a moment longer! Exceptional quality and value for money, the Beamo, BeamBox and BeamBox Pro are the best home laser cutter options on the market today.
Not sure which is right for you or keen to find out more? Check out some of our instructional videos below, or reach out and we’ll be happy to assist.