Green Laser Markers
Green laser marking machines were created specifically for marking highly reflective or thermal-sensitive materials. The technology behind this type of machine involves using a 532 nanometre wavelength to perform precision marking.
The materials you can mark with a green laser react poorly to other wavelengths, which is why this type of machine is your only option in some cases. Green laser marking machines are often used on a variety of glass and plastic surfaces.
How do green lasers work?
This type of marking machine operates in the visible light spectrum at 532 nanometres. The wavelength of 532 nanometres is green in the visible spectrum, hence the name green laser. You can count on these machines to provide excellent marking results. They have a notable absorption rate for various materials, and can be even used to mark metals like copper and gold.
What’s interesting about green laser markers is that they feature a narrower beam diameter compared to other types of marking machines. This allows them to achieve extremely high precisions. Since they’re arguably the best solution for micro-marking, green lasers are usually the favoured marking machines among manufacturers in the semiconductor and electronics industries.
Green laser marking machine applications
Green lasers are capable of making micro-markings on materials. More specifically, they can mark in fonts smaller than 1 millimetre with widths of up to 10 micrometres. Due to this amazing feature, green laser markers have many applications in the electronics industry. Here are some of the most common applications of these machines:
- Identification on electrical components.
- Marking sizing information and part numbers of hardware.
- QR code marking on various components.
- Micro-marking identification and labelling for electrical wires.
- Surface marking of glass products like LCD and smartphone screens.
- Marking magnetic cards with barcodes and logos.
The benefits of using green laser markers
There are a few different features that make the green laser marking machine such a reliable solution for many manufacturing companies, such as:
- Green lasers can be used to make markings on materials that are sensitive to heat. That’s because it doesn’t generate heat that can damage sensitive materials.
- You can use green laser marking machines to make markings on a variety of materials, from raw plastics to gold.
- These machines are designed to work in speedy industrial environments where vibration, dust, and shock are frequent occurrences.
- Once you buy a green laser marker from us, you’ll be able to use it for years to come without any maintenance.
Our green laser marker range
The MAX-GL-5D green laser marker series is one of the best of its kind. It features a 110×110 mm marking field size and a high performance digital galvanometer scanner that provides excellent marking speed and precision.
You can use any of the green lasers from this series for precision marking, and micro machining various materials, like glass, semiconductor silicon wafer, IC grain, textiles, sapphire, and more.
There are three different green laser marking machines that make up the MAX-GL-D series. The first features laser power of 3 watts, while the second comes with a 5-watt laser. The third model is the most powerful, as it has 10 watts of laser power.
Max Laser offers other types of laser marking machines
At MaxLaser, we are focused on providing our clients with the best laser marking machines in South Africa. Green lasers represent just one type of marker available on our website. Here’s what we also offer:
- Fiber laser markers – Fiber laser marking machines are used in numerous industries mostly for making permanent marks on metals and some plastics.
- MOPA lasers – You can rely on MOPA lasers when you want to mark metals like aluminium, steel, silver, gold, and platinum without doing any damage to them.
- CO2 laser marking machines – The technology behind CO2 laser markers allows you to effectively mark non-metal materials like paper, wood, rubber, and plastic.
- UV laser markers – These machines are an excellent solution for micro-marking and are often used to mark glass and plastics.
Order a green laser marker in South Africa today
If you decide to get one of the green lasers available for sale at MaxLaser, you’ll receive a powerful machine that’ll allow you to efficiently mark a variety of materials. These machines feature outstanding technology and design that enables them to work for a long time without any maintenance required.
You can use a green laser marking machine for a number of purposes, including product traceability, labelling, and identification. A green laser marker is the ideal solution for marking materials that require low thermal transfer.