Buy Desktop Hobby Laser Cutting Machines In South Africa
Introducing the Flux Beamo, Beambox, and Beambox Pro – unleash your creativity and watch your vision come to life with our fantastic hobby laser cutting machines!
The days of laser cutting and engraving machines only being available for commercial purposes are gone, thanks to these portable laser engravers that bring the magic of professional laser cutting right into your home.
Ideal for one-of-a-kind craft projects, making gifts, mementos or toys (or even as a side hustle) our range of hobby laser engravers work on an impressive range of materials, including wood, leather, acrylic, fabric, cardboard, glass, rubber, paper and even tile.
Choose between our fantastic hobby laser cutters available in South Africa…
The Beamo laser cutter is the smallest, lightest, and most affordable CO2 laser cutter and engraving machine on the market today, the working area size is 300 x 210mm and weighs 20 kgs. Powered by a 30-watt CO2 laser, it can comfortably cut straight through 1.5mm leather, 2mm MDF and 3mm acrylic. Our machines are also able to etch into glass and most hard surfaces. It features an advanced yet intuitive user interface, and breathes new life into the world of laser cutting!
Want a little extra muscle? The BeamBox is one of the most powerful desktop hobby laser cutter and engraving machines on the market today. It features a working area of 400 x 370mm and a 40 watt laser tube, allowing you to comfortably cut 3mm MDF, 4mm acrylic. The fully integrated software is easy to set up, which means your imagination is your only limit!
The BeamBox Pro
Ready to take on more ambitious projects or transform your hobby into a side business? Then the BeamBox Pro, with its 600 x 370mm work table and 50 watt laser tube, is right there with you! One of our most popular and best-selling options, it’s powerful yet simple to set up and operate. The Flux BeamBox Pro works with the IOS and Android operated BeamCam, and is also a great option for schools, private arts and crafts teachers, or simply taking your hobby to the next level. Allowing the user to comfortably cut through 4mm MDF & 5mm acrylic.
Does the price include delivery? – Yes the price of the laser machine includes delivery to clients nationwide. Delivery of the laser machine will take 3 to 5 days with the use of our courier agent for clients outside the Johannesburg area.
What is the warranty on the machines? – The Flux laser machines come with a 6 month warranty on mechanical parts & laser tube. 30 day warranty for lens & mirrors.
Is there after sales support? – Maxlaser offer lifetime support when purchasing a laser machine. MaxLaser technicians can help via whatsapp, zoom, teamviewer & telephone. Call out for a technician is also available on the clients account.
What is the return policy? – A Laser machine is able to be returned & swopped out within 7 days of delivery provided the laser machine is found to be damaged & not in good working order. A 20% cancellation fee will be charged on returned items.
What maintenance do i need to do? – This will take 5 to 10 minutes of each day. It is easy to do, you will have your daily, weekly & monthly maintenance checklist that is provided in the user manual & it’s up to the laser operator to keep up to date with the maintenance plan.
How do i repair & service my machine? – Flux provides a user manual that comes with the laser machine & also additional online content is provided on their trouble shooting pages. All this information will guide the laser operator to successfully change any part that may need to be replaced. MaxLaser will help assist via telephone, whatsapp video calls, zoom or teamviewer. Should the problem be too technical then one of our technicians will come out or the laser machine will be picked up in its original packaging & brought back for repairs on the clients account.
How does the sales agreement work? – MaxLaser does offer the option of the purchaser to pay off the laser machine over an agreed period of months. Once the agreed period of months have been paid for in full, the laser machine will then belong to the purchaser. There will be a refundable deposit that needs to be paid & a contract to be signed between the 2 parties involved.
* means the laser cannot engrave directly, you will need the help of the “Cermark spray”, you can purchase this product from us
Benefits & Features Of Our Flux Desktop Laser Cutting & Engraving Machines
All MaxLaser’s hobby laser cutters are designed to be simple and intuitive to use. Some of their many awesome features include:
- An onboard camera lets you position and align materials perfectly with your text, photo or design
- Seen, drawn or doodled a design you like? Simply snap a picture with your phone using the Beamo App, upload, and convert it into a cut-out, stamp, engraving or memento!
- The optional rotary add-on means you can even engrave cylindrical objects like cups, mugs and drinking glasses to create truly unique items and gifts
- The optional Beam Air filter system is lightweight, compact, and designed to keep your air clean for your creative journey.
Best of all, there’s no steep learning curve or tricky adjustment process – so you’ll be creating amazing projects straight away.
Unlimited creativity with the FLUX Beamo
What you can make with our home laser cutters:
If you can picture it, chances are our hobby laser cutters and engravers can help you make it a reality! From spectacular works of art, storage boxes and jewelry made from wooden cutouts, to incredible etchings, photographs and designs on glass and metallic surfaces, the possibilities are infinite!
You can create ornate masks and costumes out of fabric, make incredible 3D popout cards from paper and cardboard, engrave dog tags, jewelry and phone cases, cut jigsaw puzzles and toys, create stunning signage, trophies and mementos on clear acrylic, and join a global community of home laser cutting enthusiasts to share ideas and accomplishments.
Materials you can use with our desktop engravers and cutters in South Africa:
- Anodised Aluminium
- Metal (this will requires a Cermark spray which we also provide)
How our intuitive hobby laser cutters & engravers work
Draw your image
Take a snapshot & upload
Tap & drag image
Print & let the fun begin
All laser cutters, desktop or professional, work similarly. A laser beam (basically a concentrated and highly directional beam of light) manually focused on the area which needs to be cut or engraved.
The heat of the laser beam burns, melts or vaporises the surface, depending on the material you’re working on. It might sound a little scary, but bear in mind this is all in a very controlled environment and manner!
Some of the laser machines typical uses include branding, marking or deliberately discolouring the surface of an object like leather or wood, cutting right through paper, fabric or cardboard to make a highly precise design, or etching into acrylic or glass – such as an engraved photo or customised design.
You’ve probably heard the expression ‘laser precision’ – which is exactly what makes these cutters and engravers so good at creating very intricate, highly detailed patterns and designs.
What’s extra special about our hobby laser engravers and cutters is how well they integrate with smartphones and the software the average person is already familiar with. Getting started is as simple as snapping a photo of a design which tickles your fancy, uploading it to the Flux software, and firing up your Beamo, BeamBox, or BeamBox Pro!
Care tips for your hobby laser cutter
Like any machine, the better you take care of and maintain your desktop laser cutter, the better it will perform! Here are some tips on making sure you get the most from your new hobby engraver:
- Keep It Clean – The most important part of maintaining your laser cutter’s performance is keeping the lens and mirrors clean. The bearings and railings must also be free from dust and debris, especially if you are working with wood or leather.
- Visual Inspection – A visual inspection could reveal all of the small scratches and damages that you might come across. It is essential to inspect the machine often, to make sure that every component is in optimal working condition. One of the main things to look out for is making sure the laser path is always aligned. The quicker you get comfortable with aligning the laser path, the fewer laser engraving & cutting issues you will have.
- Use The Right Materials – Stick with our indicated list of materials to keep you and your desktop laser engraver safe. It is much easier to work with the right materials to ensure that you don’t put additional strain on the unit and keep it functioning beautifully.
Choose Max Laser for the best hobby desktop laser cutters
At MaxLaser, we pride ourselves on giving you the best possible service, and always strive for perfection! While you might find the same product at our competitors, there are a few things that we aim to offer our clients they probably won’t:
- Price: We try to cut out the middleman as much as possible to ensure you get the best possible prices on top quality products.
- Services: We offer full support for any product purchased, including the addition of a 6-months limited warranty that will give you peace of mind with each purchase. Lifetime after sale’s support are available.
- Spare parts: We stock the full range of spare parts that are needed to keep you on your creative journey. In the unlikely event that we are of stock of a particular part, we will then fly it in which will take less than a week.
Consider some of our other products
To make getting your first project underway even easier, we’ve got some nifty ready-to-engrave wooden gifts, as well as stamp making kits and plaques and awards available to get you started. We can also assist with replacement CO2 laser tubes and other consumables as you need them.
Fallen in love with your Beamo or BeamBox and ready to try something even more exciting? We offer some awesome second hand professional laser cutters and engravers which are the perfect stepping stone between a hobby or side hustle, and a real small business venture!
But if you’re in need of the most powerful laser machines on the market, we can help! Whether you’re looking to buy a laser engraving machine or laser cutter in South Africa, or even if you’re in need of a top quality fiber laser marker, just contact us to discuss your requirements.
Purchase your FLUX hobby laser cutter and engraver today!
If you want to start your own laser cutting hobby, there’s no need to wait a moment longer! Exceptional quality and value for money, the Beamo, BeamBox and BeamBox Pro are the best home laser cutter options on the market today.
Not sure which is right for you or keen to find out more? Check out some of our instructional videos below, or reach out and we’ll be happy to assist.